Monday, August 1, 2011

WIP (almost finished) Baby Blanket

My cousin Ashley is welcoming her first baby into the world in November, so I have been working the past two weekends on Baby Emily's quilt and mobile. She wants a John Deere/Farm theme in the room, so I had to get a little creative since there were no little girl JD fabrics at my local shops. I designed an applique for the tractor on the quilt and then took an old 80's Sesame Street mobile and made it into a JD one (sorry I forgot to take a before mobile pic).


 Baby Emily's name I embroidered in black (transferred it using our





It turned out pretty cute, I can't wait to take it to her this weekend. The quilt still needs binding (yellow with small white polka dots) and ironing. Sorry for the lousy pictures, it was 12:30 last night after my shower that I realized I need to take some for the blog, so the lighting and staging is not so good :) Sorry peps.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and is staying cool indoors (still in the 100s here in KC).
Happy Stitching All!
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment