Monday, October 17, 2011

busy busy busy

I know, I know. I say that all the time. But I have been super busy around here! We had a consumer trade show here in KC this past weekend, which was new for us. We have only ever done wholesale shows before, so I was hard at work getting that ready and then working the booth. Thank goodness it was clase to home so I could sleep in my own bed at night--that is always a HUGE benefit.


It was very fast paced and busy all weekend long! Thanks to all of you who made it out to the show at KCI Expo! Hope yo see you all again next year!

I have been teaching children's painting classes on the weekend for the past month and this weekend I started an embroidery class as well. It was so much fun and the girls really liked it! We learned the running stitch, basting stitch and back stitch. We got started on our needle books and a sewing pouch to keep all our supplies in. It was so wonderful to see so many little girls so interested in hand work. I just loved it! Hopefully we can keep teaching them and get them onto a machine one day too. Three or four of them expressed how they wanted to be fashion designers (thank goodness for Project Runway and all the "coolness" they brought to making your own clothes) when they grow up. I think it is pretty cool to see kiddos dream so big.


Okay, I have also been working on some NEW patterns!! Wahoo! Here are some sneak peaks. I just got them sent to the printer, so we should have them in stock ready to sell within the next two months. I will post all of the designs when that gets closer. Until then these will have to tide you over :)

Aunt Martha's pattern #4022 Proud to be an American

Aunt Martha's pattern #4023 Life's a Beach

Stitcher's Revolution pattern # 17 Urban Garden


There are a total of 7 new patterns, so get those needles ready folks!! More sneak peaks coming soon!

Happy Monday + Happy Stitching!
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment