Monday, November 15, 2010

What are you thankful for?


As Thanksgiving quickly approaches we are reminded to think about the things we are thankful for. Today I am thankful for my mother, grandmother, great grandmother and all the women that came before me. We are a very blessed people to have things, like embroidery, quilting, sewing, crochet and cooking passed down to us from our families. We get our interest, creativity and inspiration from these women. Today (like everyday), I am very grateful for all my talents. I cannot imagine life without the joy of creating something with my own two hands and getting to give it away to someone else. So many people's lives are filled with reality television and gossip magazines. I think it is time, now more than ever to create and give gifts. Show the world there is something greater out there than "real life television", actual real life! After all the joy from creating something last a heck of a lot longer than a thirty minute show. It can bring happiness for many, many years to come.
Like my Uncle Tom says, "You get out of life what you put in". Share your talents with someone you love this holiday season. You never know were your talent might end up in 60 or 200 years. Might just be in your great granddaughter's hands.

This image is from the Library of Congress--you can view more images from Pie Town, NM in the forties here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/library_of_congress/2178354733/in/set-72157603671370361/

Happy Stitching all!
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment